At the turn-of-the 20th century, the E. N. Welch clockmaking firm was struggling. They used a local foundry to produce their castings. The foundry owner's son, William E. Sessions, took an interest in horology and, along with other Sessions family members, bought controlling interest in the E. N. Welch Company.
In 1903 the firm’s name was changed and the Sessions Clock Company was organized. Under William's management the firm produced all components of their line of clocks, including movements, cases, dials, artwork and castings.
Sessions realized that the future of clockmaking was moving to electricity so, in 1930, the company expanded to produce electric clocks, timers for radios, televisions and other devices. They also continued to manufacture traditional brass mechanical movements.
In 1956, Sessions was absorbed by a company interested primarily in their timing devices. Kept as the Sessions Company, the new owners ran the firm until 1969, when a decline in business forced its liquidation.
For a far more complete history, see Ly, T.D., Sessions Clocks, 1991.